Tuesday 9 August 2011

Has Left The Building

Quite excited to be writing this. After a five year exile from the music industry, I have finally gone and got myself back involved with instruments!! I have been missing being creative for a long time now, and the opportunity to start writing again with some very close friends was too good to miss. Joining me on this venture is my wingman from MDA Nik, and two other dudes I hold in pretty high regard. Geoff and Dan. After the demise of My Deaf audio I vowed that if I ever start a new project i would call it “Has Left The Building” Its a name that means a great deal to me and been on the back burner for a good 6 or 7 years. The guys have been kind enough to agree to this as our band name on the basis I stay out of naming songs in the future. Agreed! I said. Not sure they share my vison just yet :-) The first track we have written is to be called “My Robot, Your Batteries”  I can’t wait for everyone to hear it. Right now we gotta write a bunch of stuff and get tight but we hope to be playing a show or two before the end of the year if we are lucky. After only one song it would be naive to say we sound like a cross between this and that so all I will say is this. We are gonna make something beautiful sound profoundly ugly, and something ugly sound unbearably beautiful. In other words somewhere between Explosions in the Sky and Russian Circles ;-) haha,  Ohh and did I mention I am now on drums! :-s Lofty Sticks!  HLTB coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment